Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Pets: For Better or For Worse


I appreciate...

the pets in my life. It sounds a little silly, but I sit--almost perplexed when I really think about it--and marvel at the unwavering love that my pets have for me. All they look for in you is affection and for you to feed them and they provide you with a lifetime of companionship.


My dog, Mika, no matter how grouchy I am, or what kind of day I've had, she always leaps and bounds to the door and makes sure to lick my face incessantly when I come home because she is glad to see me. She knows when I'm sad, and will lay next to me, almost as if she's saying "awww, don't feel sad, I'm here." She also looks forward to each time that I take her outside. For ANYTHING. Even if it's just to sit in the garage for a while. What she really loves is riding in the car, but she never really expects me to take her out. She just loves it if I do. She doesn't ever have mood swings, or a bad day, and she's always grateful.


It amazes me. No wonder pets are like best friends! So here's to all the pets in your life. Cheers. :)

3 comments:

  1. Mika is so funny. I love her and her enthusiasm for riding in the car! Even if she does bark at anything that moves. And it really is true how pets love you unconditionally no matter what OUR moods our.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww is she a Maltese?? I have a Matlipoo (Maltese Poodle).. and she's my little sweetheart.. are dogs the best! :)

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! She's a maltese! I've never seen a maltipoo. but it sounds very cute! I love dogs...

    ReplyDelete